The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
The California State University, Chico College of Business is proud to be one of the 6% of the world's schools offering business degree programs that have achieved AACSB accreditation.1
AACSB accreditation is awarded after a rigorous years-long process of self evaluation and peer review. Business school accreditation is contingent upon alignment with nine accreditation standards developed and maintained by the AACSB. These standards are used to evaluate the institution's mission and strategic management; the support it provides for students, faculty, and staff; the quality of teaching and learning; the extent to which students and faculty are academically and professionally engaged; and the college’s impact on society.2
The AACSB granted the College of Business at CSU accreditation in 1972, and we were awarded a full five-year renewal of our accreditation in 2023.2 We are proud to continue to uphold the quality of education and experience for which we are renowned—and share it more broadly than ever before—in our Online BS in Business Administration and MBA programs.
The Importance of AACSB Accreditation
All accreditation is voluntary. Most academic institutions choose to go through the AACSB accreditation process because it:
- Verifies to prospective students, faculty, and donors that the school meets high educational standards
- Can help potential applicants compare different programs and feel confident knowing that the ones with AACSB accreditation have a proven ability to deliver strong outcomes
- Ensures that a transferring student’s credits will be accepted at the destination institution
Benefits of a Degree From an AACSB-Accredited Program
There are many important reasons to prioritize earning your degree from an AACSB-accredited institution:
A program with AACSB accreditation has shown that it meets the highest standards for providing quality education to its students.
Universities with AACSB accreditation attract high-quality faculty, and must show that their instructors are qualified and experienced in business.
Challenging and relevant curriculum
Accreditation is reviewed every five years—a process which ensures that a program’s curriculum is keeping up with an ever-changing business world.
By choosing an AACSB-accredited program, you confirm that the credits you earn in it will be recognized at such time as you pursue a graduate degree.
Universities with AACSB accreditation are often highly reputed among employers for their quality education, which helps set you apart from other job applicants when it’s time to start your career.
CSU Accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges
California State University, Chico is accredited at the institution level by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), one of six regional accreditation bodies for public and private colleges and universities in the United States.3 Chico State's accreditation was most recently reviewed and reaffirmed by WASC in July 2019, resulting in its renewal for a period of eight years.4
1. Retrieved on February 27, 2023, from today.csuchico.edu/chico-state-college-of-business-earns-aacsb-reaccreditation
2. Retrieved on February 27, 2023, from aacsb.edu/accreditation/standards
3. Retrieved on February 27, 2023, from wscuc.org
4. Retrieved on February 27, 2023, from www.csuchico.edu/wasc/index.shtml