California State University, Chico Admissions for the Online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Program
Our admissions team offers opportunities to start the Online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration completion program twice each year, in the fall and spring terms. Further, to accommodate prospective students at all points in the process of selecting a business program, the Chico State College of Business offers both priority and final application deadlines. To start planning your path toward joining us at Chico State, review the upcoming priority and final application deadlines below.
Chico State Admissions: Application Deadlines
|Term||Final Application Deadline||Start Date|
|Spring 2024||November 17||January 24|
Chico State Admissions: Tuition and Fees
Tuition for the Chico State Online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program is calculated at a current rate of $525 per unit.
|Online Tuition||2023-2024 Academic Year|
|Total Unit Hours||57 units completed at Chico State|
|Per Unit Hour||$525|
Disclaimer: * The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Knowing the Cost of Attendance is important because the budget helps determine your Financial Need and your financial aid award. Financial Need is defined as the difference between your Expected Family Contribution and the standard Cost of Attendance calculated for each academic year. For an estimated moderate standard of living budget, please refer to the Chico State Cost of Attendance.
Download Our Application Checklist
Our Admissions Outreach Advisors are here to support you throughout the application process. In addition, our application checklist is a brief, one-page takeaway that helps you keep track of everything you need to complete your application to the online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration completion program at Chico State.
Start Moving Up Today
For the following reasons, we recommend applying by the priority deadline for your desired term:
- We review applications on a rolling basis, which means that early applicants may have a better chance of being offered a spot in an upcoming cohort
- The earlier you are accepted, the more time you will have to prepare your finances and make plans to adjust your schedule to accommodate your coursework
- Some scholarships and other sources of financial aid require you to identify where you will be attending school in order to apply; the sooner you know you are bound for Chico State, the sooner you’ll be able to complete these applications
Note: International students who reside outside the U.S. are not eligible for the Online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration completion program.
Lower-Division Core Courses
Students will need to complete seven lower-division core courses, or the transfer equivalent, prior to taking upper-division courses. Visit the Chico BSBA Curriculum page for more information.
Financial Aid Options
We proudly support those committed students who are changing their lives through education and professional advancement. Our team will work with you to identify and capitalize on available financial aid opportunities so that you can complete the Online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and successfully invest in your future.
Federal and State Grants
Grants are a form of financial aid that are based on need and disbursed according to enrollment requirements.
Grants do not have to be repaid.
To be considered for federal and state grants, complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The FAFSA code for Chico State is 001146.
All grants are awarded according to financial need, as determined by the federal formula that calculates your expected family contribution (EFC) from the information you submitted on the FAFSA.
Federal Pell Grant
- Depends on expected family contribution, enrollment status, and duration of attendance.
- Students are limited to a total of six full-time years (600%) of Pell Grant eligibility. Visit the NSLDS website to determine the percentage of Pell Grant you have received to date
- Need-based; does not require repayment
Federal Iraq Afghanistan Service Grant (IASG)
- Identified by Department of Defense
- Dependent of deceased Veteran of Iraq/Afghanistan War
- 23 years of age or younger at the time of Veteran's death
- If older than 23 years of age, enrolled at institution of higher learning at the time of death
- Not based on need; does not require repayment
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Must be Pell-eligible undergraduate
- Must have a zero Expected Family Contribution
- Funds are very limited
- Need-based; does not require repayment
There are grant programs available for California residents only. Residency status is determined by the Office of Admissions at the time of your application. By filing the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) by the priority deadline of March 2, eligible students may be considered for the following state grant.
- Depends on family income and asset amounts
- Minimum GPA requirements
- Assists with payment of tuition fees
- Eligibility will be reduced by fee waiver or third party fee payment
- New applicants must apply by March 2
- Need based, does not require repayment
Federal student loans are available to most students regardless of income and provide low interest rate options. We encourage students to apply for federal loan options first since these offer the lowest interest rate and best benefits to students.
Federal Direct Stafford Loans
Federal Direct PLUS Loans
To review your financial aid options, please reach out to the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office.
Start the Process
View Application Requirements
View Career Resources
State Authorization for CSU, Chico Admissions
State and federal laws require colleges and universities to obtain authorization for distance education instruction or programs provided in states other than their own. Chico State is currently authorized to offer online instruction or degree programs to students residing in a majority of states, but not all. For a list of states where we are currently authorized to offer this program or exempt from authorization requirements, please consult the Status of State Authorizations for Distance Education page.
State Consumer Protection laws require the University to provide online and distance education students the state agency address where students can file a complaint with their state agency responsible for distance education. Go to the CSU Student Internal Complaint Process for additional information.